Save Together; 5 Ways To Save Money Without Ruining Your Relationship
Don’t let money ruin your relationship.
According to a recent Fox Business article
arguments over finances are a prime risk factor for divorce.
Web MD suggests these five ways you can make saving sexy and make sure that money doesn’t get between you and your partner.
- Acknowledge that one partner may be a saver and one a spender, understand there are benefits to both, and agree to learn from each other’s tendencies.
- Be honest about your current financial situation. If things have gone south, continuing the same lifestyle is unrealistic.
- Construct a joint budget that includes savings.
- Allow each person to have independence by setting aside money to be spent at his or her discretion.
- Decide upon short-term and long-term goals. It’s OK to have individual goals, but you should have family goals, too.