Urban Living – Designing a small space on a budget
Trying to furnish more than one room can be a challenge, especially when you have never done it before and doing so on a limited budget. Organization and planning are key so with that in mind, below are a few tips for being successful while staying within a fixed budget:
- Research design ideas for each room (Pinterest and Houzz are excellent sources).
- Make an itemized list of what you need – prioritize by essentials versus non essentials.
- Ask family and friends if they have any unwanted furniture.
- Shop around for online sales keeping in mind shipping and/or delivery fees.
- Once you have your list with associated costs, use this as your working budget.
- Fund your dream: Check out Feather the Nest – it is an excellent way to get the word out and secure help with funding.