I purchased a home in an auction here in Detroit two years ago. I've been working hard ever since to make it safe for my two year old daughter and I. I've been able to finance new windows, doors, and exterior repairs which are either already installed or in the process of being contracted. I am now tackling the inside of the home, one room at a time.
Above is a photo of the living room when the home was purchased. Since the photo has been taken, we've had testing that found lead-based paint in all of the walls, doors, fireplace, moldings, and windows in both the living room and entry foyer.
$6,000 would help us to remove all of the lead-based painted walls entirely and replace with drywall, reface the fireplace, refinish the wood floors, and get new molding and window frames installed.
Every bit counts, and would help us toward making our home clean and safe for our family.
Thank you & God Bless,